Sunday, September 21, 2014

Edna Davies Owen writes...
"Bud, thanks for keeping all of us in touch! I was in West Covina not too long ago and Cortez Park looks just the same, of course there was a little league game going on......The Church next door has expanded the parking lot and the was is covered over with pavement. I wonder if the kids now days still climb the big trees and pick the mistletoe?!?  I know they do not have the freedom and fun we all had, being gone all day and just showing up in time for dinner. I don’t know if it was any safer then, but we were unaware if it wasn’t. And instead of video games, we played ding dong ditch, kick the can and more! My grandkids don’t know what they are missing. Guess we have gotten older although I don’t think any different.  The reunion was great and am looking forward to the next one."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment