Saturday, January 5, 2013

A classmate just emailed me about the difficulty of commenting on this blog. What the heck is going on I thought, how come? So I wandered around a bit and found Settings. Interesting stuff in there and one item was to click and allow public comment. Unknowingly, it was set for super secret decoder ring required. Well, I fixed that so now comment away (after you solve the funny word puzzle).

There is some concern that too much info or communication is bombarding classmates about the reunion. Classmates/Memory Lane has a purpose, make money. Those of use who signed on with Classmates have to learn to ignore them. Every time I visit their site I get 3, 4 immediate solicitations from them to "upgrade". Then their usual daily effort to help me find out who has visited for the low, low monthly rate of...

This leads many to block or put C/ML in the spam catcher, I'll bet. So, me thinks, even though C/ML sent out a Reunion Notice to those listed there in WCHS class of 1963, at my request, it fell on deaf ears in many cases. As for me, I frequent their site because I have this "need to know" under the guise of building the "Found" list so I put up with their noise. At the end of October I'll put them back in the spam catcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment